what3words is a really simple way to talk about location. They have divided
the world into a grid of 3m x 3m squares and assigned each one a unique
3 word address. It means anyone can accurately find any location and share
it more quickly, easily and with less ambiguity than any other system.
- Full code & vunerability review of existing map site (PHP, JS)
- Scope and rebuild of current map site (ReactJS)
- Improving and fixing what3words wide range of products
SlimIt is an iOS/Android app that the easiest way to keep track of daily
point usage for weight loss plans such as Slimming World or Weight Watchers.
- Development - I took SlimIt from an idea to the App Store in 3 months.
- Infrastructure & Scaling - Developed with Firebase allowed us to adapt
to scaling needs.
- Marketing, Promotion & User Growth - In the first 2 months we have
had over 56,000 registrations and 3,000 daily users. Utilising social media
to generate interest (Facebook, Instagram).
- Revenue - Profitable from day one, currently working on increasing ad
revenue and adding premium in-app features.
- Best chart position - iOS: Number 4 (Free Lifestyle Apps) and entered
the top 100 (Overall Free)
- React Native, JS, Firebase, Fabric, OneSignal, AdMob
Netcall are a producers of range of software used in call centres around
- Improving and bug fixing Netcall’s distributed call centre management
- Working in a highly agile environment on everything from the backend PHP
driven system, to the AngularJS front end
A Multi-Channel Network for mainly European focused Youtube creators.
- Expanded and improved the existing BuzzMyVideo suite of products.
- Instrumental in the creation of the new REST API driven architecture,
built with Laravel and consumed primarily by a user administration portal
built with AngularJS.
- Built an advertising revenue share platform to calcualte and distribute
Youtube earnings to creators.
APIs, NodeJS, HTML, CSS, MongoDB
Architectured and built a complex Poster Creation and Screen Management
system for use on mobile devices and tablets.
An innovative Fin Tech crowdfunding startup, that offers multiple investment
types. Including: Equity, Loans and Revenue Share.
- Led the specification, build & deployment of the Crowd2Fund platform
- Helped the CEO to make key strategic decisions regarding suppliers, technical
direction and hiring.
- Developed new products and funding types and helped define how the core
service would work.
A health focused agency where I worked on a variety of projects.
- Leading the development of a social support network, a Microsoft Healthvault
integrated product and other projects for BAFTA and the NHS.
- Responsible for mentoring and training junior developers in Symfony2.
- Producing written reports and documentation.
A small creative agency that had a small project with a very tight deadline.
- Expanded a website for a global client built using a custom framework
- Created a new asset manager module, improved the admin section and converted
the CMS to support multiple languages.
An innovative marketing implementation agency with clients including Santander,
HP, Epson and Emirates.
- Responsible for a team of 10+ developers.
- Provided technical assistance to the Head of Digital in pitches to new
clients and in meetings with existing clients
- Worked on major projects such as “The Album of My Life” for Vodafone and
the “123” campaign for Santander.
- mentoring the junior developers and producing written reports, documentation
& training manuals.
Led development on a “Social Advocacy” platform for this start up. This
was built from the ground up in Symfony2 and my role included building
and managing a team of 5 developers. The platform was developed to be responsive
so that advocate could interact with brands on their mobile devices.
Lead PHP Developer
- August 2011
I was the first employee for a mobile VoIP start up backed by Sierra Ventures
and release on the App Store in May 2011. I was the core development resource
for the PHP based REST API for the app and the user portal/eCommerce store.
Gekko was a hotel comparison search engine, while there I contributed
to the day to day development of the core product built with a custom CMS
and a website scraping based product.
I was an integral part of a team responsible for the development and management
of the entire Ladbrokes product range.
- Created a custom MVC PHP framework.
- Product owner for Casino, Bingo and Poker sites.
- Deputised for Team Manager, managing team of 5 developers and working
closely with individual Product Heads and other Project Managers
Sole developer for this innovative VoIP start up developing their eCommerce
platform and user portal. Developed a white label version of the core product
and “MyBabble” which was a social network built around VoIP